how tall is Jon Voight
Jon Voight Height
6′ 2″ (188 cm)
Jon Voight is an American actor, filmmaker, and screenwriter. He was born on December 29, 1938, in Yonkers, New York, USA.
Career Journey of Jon Voight:
- Early Life and Education: Jon Voight was born on December 29, 1938, in Yonkers, New York. He attended Catholic school and later went to Catholic University, where he studied art and drama.
- Early Career: Voight began his acting career in the 1960s, appearing in various stage productions and TV shows. His first film role was in the 1967 movie “Fearless Frank.”
- Breakthrough: Voight’s breakthrough role came in 1969, when he starred in the film “Midnight Cowboy” alongside Dustin Hoffman. The film won three Academy Awards, including Best Picture.
- Film Career: Throughout the 1970s and 1980s, Voight appeared in numerous successful films, including “Deliverance,” “The Odessa File,” “The Champ,” “Runaway Train,” and “The Rainmaker.”
- Awards and Recognition: Voight received critical acclaim for his performances in “Coming Home,” for which he won an Academy Award for Best Actor, and “Runaway Train,” for which he received a nomination for Best Actor. He has also received numerous Golden Globe nominations and wins, as well as an Emmy Award.
- Later Career: In recent years, Voight has continued to act in film and television. He is perhaps best known for his role as Mickey Donovan in the Showtime series “Ray Donovan.”
- Other Endeavors: In addition to his acting career, Voight has also worked as a producer, writer, and director. He has also been involved in various political and humanitarian causes.
Overall, Jon Voight’s career has spanned over five decades, and he is considered one of the greatest actors of his generation. He has made a significant impact on the film industry, and his work continues to be admired by audiences and critics alike.