how tall is Bono
5′ 6″ (168 cm)
Bono is the stage name of Paul David Hewson, an Irish musician, singer, songwriter, philanthropist, and activist. He was born on May 10, 1960, in Dublin, Ireland.
Interesting Facts about Bono:
- Bono’s real name is Paul David Hewson. He was born on May 10, 1960, in Dublin, Ireland.
- Bono is the lead vocalist and lyricist of the rock band U2, which he formed in 1976 with his schoolmates. The other members of the band are guitarist The Edge, bassist Adam Clayton, and drummer Larry Mullen Jr.
- Bono has won 22 Grammy Awards, more than any other artist except for classical conductor Georg Solti. He has also been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Songwriters Hall of Fame.
- Bono is a co-founder of the ONE Campaign, an international organization that fights against extreme poverty and preventable diseases, particularly in Africa. He is also a co-founder of (RED), which partners with businesses to raise money for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria.
- Bono is a devout Christian and has written several songs with religious themes, such as “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” and “One.”
- Bono is known for his distinctive sunglasses, which he started wearing in the 1990s after developing sensitivity to light. He has said that the glasses are both a fashion statement and a practical necessity.
- Bono has been married to his wife, Ali Hewson, since 1982. They have four children together: two daughters and two sons.
- Bono has collaborated with many other artists over the years, including Frank Sinatra, Johnny Cash, Bruce Springsteen, and Rihanna.
- Bono is also an investor and entrepreneur, and has co-founded several companies, including a private equity firm called Elevation Partners.
- Bono has been involved in various political causes over the years, including the Northern Ireland peace process and debt relief for developing countries. He has met with many world leaders, including Nelson Mandela, Pope John Paul II, and Barack Obama.