how tall is Bea Arthur
Bea Arthur Height
5′ 10″ (178 cm)
Beatrice Arthur was an American actress and comedian, best known for her roles in the television series “Maude” and “The Golden Girls”. She was born on May 13, 1922, in New York, United States.
Interesting Facts about Bea Arthur:
- Bea Arthur was born Bernice Frankel on May 13, 1922, in New York City.
- She served in the United States Marine Corps during World War II.
- Arthur began her career as a stage actress, performing in Off-Broadway productions.
- She won a Tony Award for her role as Vera Charles in the musical “Mame” in 1966.
- In 1972, Arthur starred in the television series “Maude,” which was a spin-off of the show “All in the Family.”
- She won an Emmy Award for her portrayal of Maude in 1977.
- Arthur played the role of Dorothy Zbornak on the hit television show “The Golden Girls” from 1985 to 1992.
- She won an Emmy Award for her role in “The Golden Girls” in 1988.
- Arthur was known for her deep, distinctive voice and her deadpan delivery.
- In addition to her acting career, Arthur was a noted animal rights activist and supported various charitable causes throughout her life.
- Bea Arthur passed away on April 25, 2009, at the age of 86.